The 2023 Taste of the Gateway Discount Dining Days will take place
Wednesday - Thursday Oct. 18th & 19th
Please check back for more information and a list of participating restaurants
Below is a look at Last Year's Taste of the Gateway participating Restaurants (2022)
Taste of the Gateway through the years:
From 2016 – 2019 the in-person event was held on a summer evening at the Garden District Gardens (South 6th Street and Norwich Avenue). Restaurants provided samplings for attendees to purchase for $1.00.
11 restaurants participated in the inaugural event.
The first ‘Flying Fork’ award for best tasting sample was presented to Cork & Cleaver (inside The Clarion Hotel).
15 participating restaurants. Chef Espinosa of the Aviator Restaurant / Best Western Plus Milwaukee Airport Hotel was presented the ‘Flying Fork’ award for best tasting sample.
18 participating culinary businesses. ‘Flying Fork’ award winner: Altitude Restaurant, inside The Crowne Plaza Hotel.
In 2020 the event format was tweaked to meet the needs of restaurants and community members. In place of an in-person tasting experience, diners were welcomed to a ‘dining days’ type event. The Gateway to Milwaukee sponsored an instant discount to each customer order during the multi-day promotion.
• Customers were offered $5.00 off their $10.00 purchase, or $10.00 off purchases over $20.00.
• 12 restaurants participated in the 4-day dining event.
• 888 discounts were redeemed, totaling $7,820 in reimbursement to restaurants.
• Participating establishments had a 10-40% increase in sales during the event.
- The reworked event provided diners with $10.00 off any $20 purchase.
- 10 restaurants participated in the 2-day dining event.
- 802 total discounts were extended to customers during the event totaling $8,020.00.
- 67% of participating restaurants saw an increase in sales over the 2-day event.
- In total, the participating restaurants saw $30,963.74 in gross sales from customers who utilized the Taste of the Gateway discount.
- Over 83% of participating restaurants believe the additional exposure their restaurant received from the promotion will result in a new customer base.