Safety & Security Grant
The Safety & Security grant is designed to assist commercial property owners and area businesses with improving the security and safety of their building and/or property, thus improving the overall wellbeing of the business district. This Airport Gateway Business Improvement District #40 grant program is intended to leverage local dollars, as well as support the ongoing beautification efforts of local business and property owners in the district and our community.
Applicant Eligibility: Any business or commercial property owner operating within the boundaries of the Airport Gateway Business Improvement District #40 in the City of Milwaukee is eligible for this grant program.
Security System definition: Any of various means or devices such as cameras, alarms, detection devices, doors and lighting designed to guard persons and property against a broad range of hazards, including crime, accidents, and attack.
1. A business security system project must have one or more of the following as its primary purpose:
- Crime reduction
- Theft prevention
- Vandalism prevention
- Improved perception of safety
2. Grant limits are up to 50% of the total project cost with a ceiling of $1,000 per grant.
3. An approved security system project must be completed within the funding period.
4. Grants will be awarded on a first-come, first-served basis for the duration of fund availability.
5. Applicants are limited to one grant award per calendar year.
1. Payments are made based on proof of expenditure of funds (i.e. invoices, receipts, cancelled checks, etc.) for reimbursement.
2. Funds approved for a project are for a fixed dollar amount. Cost overruns are the responsibility of the project sponsor.
3. The maximum security system grant amount is 50% of the total project cost up to and not to exceed $1,000.