Creating a vibrant and inviting visual statement for locals and travelers alike, the Gateway invests in the design, installation and regular maintenance of a variety of signature stone landscaping beds and other enhanced natural features located all throughout its major commercial corridors.
Key beautification efforts include…
- Districtwide winter holiday wreath, garland and LED light displays
- Wayfinding and educational signage promoting Milwaukee’s “Green Corridor” – a three-mile section of S 6th Street dedicated to showcasing best practices in green infrastructure, storm water management and unique community park space.
- Property Beautification grant program – Matching funds available to businesses & property owners with pre-approved beautification expenses
- Colored concrete pedestrian crosswalks enhancements at major intersections
- Installation & upkeep of Gateway branded trash receptacles